This inflatable kayak rental is fun for all ages! Paddle six miles down the Hiwassee River on a self-guided trip.
Get ready for a thrilling ride along the Hiwassee River in one of our river rentals! With over 5.5 miles of Class I and II whitewater, the Hiwassee is the perfect rafting destination. Cruise through the waters on an inflatable kayak or river raft or drift lazily along on an inflatable tube. With the largest fleet on the river, Hiwassee Outfitters is sure to bring a whole new level of fun to your outdoor adventure! Select your rental from the options below.
BOOK A RIVER RAFT!
- We will provide parking for you while you are on the river. When booking the 11 a.m. reservation, we will hold your rental from 10:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.; rentals for the 2:30 p.m. reservation will be held from 2:30 to 4 p.m. Please take into consideration that there is a possibility a small wait time may occur as your reservation holds your boat, not the exact shuttle time.
- After arriving at our outpost, a shuttle will take you upstream 5.5 miles; shuttles will run every 30 minutes on weekends and every hour on weekdays. Shuttles are first come, first serve. Please be sure to check in with a staff member to be placed on a shuttle. The weekends and holidays are always our busiest time and we ask that you be patient with our staff. Tube rentals must be on the river before 3 p.m.
- The price includes shuttle, life jacket, and paddle rental
- Sales tax is not included in the price (9.25 % in TN)
- Reservations are highly recommended on weekends and holidays
- Each person will have to sign a waiver of liability located at the bottom of this page
- Private boat shuttles are available for $10-20 dollars depending on the boat size
- While riding the shuttle, stay seated and keep all body parts inside the truck
- Life jackets must be worn at all times while on the river
- While rafting, stay in the middle channel of the river and go left of all the major islands
- The first bridge you will come to is the end of the trip and you will exit on the left side of the river
- Restrooms and showers are available to you before and after the trip
- If any trouble erupts while on the river, there is a road during the first half of the trip on the right side of the river. Also, there is a railroad track that is on the left side of the river the whole way down and would consist of around a 5-mile walk back to our facility. Please make sure that if you leave the boat behind it is pulled up on land and will not float away.
*You can print and bring this with you to speed signing up
*Kids under the age of 18 have to have a guardian sign for them